Wednesday, July 29, 2009

24th Weekend

Wow being a mom is so THE BEST that's all I have to say! :) Every day just get's better and better and it's a lot of fun. I just feel so blessed to have such a great baby and I feel so lucky to be where we are right now. It's funny how already I can't even imagine not having a baby. I thought it would be a huge adjustment (and of course it is a little...now that she's my new schedule!) but it really just feels normal and I feel like I've been a mom for a while!
We had our first little "get away", which I was kinda nervous about (ya know just being away from home and I didn't know how Lyla would do) But she did GREAT! We had such a fun weekend and I actually took pictures! I was so proud of myself. :) My old roommate, Jenny got married on thursday so we went up and stayed with Josh and Amanda in Bountiful. Amanda watched baby Lyla for us while we went to the temple in the morning and she got a taste of what it's like to have twins! ha She has a 4 month old baby, so she was so nice to take Lyla for us. I was so nervous to leave her, luckily she was good and she slept most of the time. Yay Thanks Amanda, you're the Best! Then we went back to get her for the luncheon. She's such a good baby!



We went to the FAMOUS Bountiful 24th of July Parade! Well, we were told that it was one of the best parades...after waiting 10 mintues between each float...we beg to differ! ha Just kidding Josh and Amanda! I was just giving them a hard time at the parade because we really were waiting a while between each float. But later we found out it was because someone in the parade got ran over!! ya, I felt really bad after that! Luckily she is ok, but I guess she did break her leg though..how sad huh!

Lyla's first parade and loved it! :) (if you can't tell...) We laughed at how big baby Jude looks next to Lyla...ha THEY GROW SO FAST!


Our BIG fireworks show to end the night! The boys gave us quite the show...they were CRAZY!!


We had such a blast with everyone! Thanks to Amanda and Josh for showing us a great time and for letting us crash on their couch for a few days, sure love you guys! Oh and Michelle took some of the sweetest pics of baby Lyla...soon to come! (Hey Michelle...send them to me when you get a chance!)

8 comments:

Elle said...

I have all the pics. I'll put them on a disc. I put a couple of them on my blog

cindy said...

It looks like you have a really fun weekend Kalei! So glad you feel so good and can go go go! Can't wait to see you again soon! Love mom

Janell R. Cropper said...

You look too good to have a newborn ;) So glad you had fun!!

Richard and Carlie said...

You look so darn great! I can't believe you just had a baby!!!
Looks like a fun weekend! I'm glad you're adjusting well to being a mommy. I could use all the tips and advice you care to give me! Rich and I will be in Utah next weekend!!! We will call you guys and we'll have to get together!!

Rachel said...

You are such a cute mom Kalei! (And you make it look like so much fun, ha!)

DeFreese said...

you look great kalei! i didn't look as good as you do after 3 weeks...and still don't :) your baby is so cute.

Donna said...

Congrats to the two of you! Can't wait to see her in person. She is beautiful!!! (Jake - Brett says it's a good thing she looks like Kalei - ha ha)

The Barclay's said...

She is so cute!! Congratulations.. Girls are so much fun :)